Catalog (click here)
Set includes 1 mount (turret), barrel and ring stand.
Updated design! More detail!
Scale: 1/164. Lindberg's box art erroneously states the scale of the kit as 1/170. Sources indicate the true scale is 1/164. This model is precisely scaled to fit the Lindberg kit.
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. This type was installed on several classes of wartime and Cold War-era destroyers, destroyer escorts, inshore fire support ships (IFSs), landing ships medium (rocket) (LSM(R)s), auxiliaries and Coast Guard cutters as well as the battleship USS Idaho BB-42 and the nuclear-powered cruiser USS Long Beach CGN-9.
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- can be made rotatable and the gun can be positioned at any elevation
- an accurately shaped asymmetrical gunhouse (turret)
- accurate, offset gun opening
- accurate, offset gun barrel (when facing the turret, the barrel is on the RIGHT - see photo)
- detailed turret bottom supporting structure with accurately placed bolt-head detail
- rear vent