You must be logged in and verified to contact the designer.
When I first heard that Lego was making a UCS style Hulkbuster model I was ecstatic. Upon seeing the final model, however, I was somewhat disappointed. One reason for this was that while Lego has made many custom molds for the (much cheaper) buildable figure line, they opted to simply use a large half-sphere for the head of the hulkbuster. Since I love mechs, I decided to go ahead and build my own Hulkbuster MOC, alongside a custom 3D printed head. I am making the LDD file for this model available for free, but I know that not everyone will be able to bricklink the necessary parts or design their own MOC from scratch. As a result I've decided to offer this product in a few different variations which I will explain below.
I hope that this model is helpful as both an upgrade to existing sets as well as a catalyst for new and exciting lego creations!
WARNING: There are 4 different pages for the different variations of this product. Please read the following to determine which product you want and which page it is on. Variations include different combinations of size, rotation/no rotation, and material. Not all combinations are available.
1. No Rotation - Models with no rotation come in one single part. This provides a slightly cheaper option. All items with no rotation are found under the name "Hulkbuster Head (no rotation)".
2. Rotation - The version of the model with rotation comes in two parts; the head, and the connector. These allow the head to rotate left and right through a sliding motion. Purchasing options for heads with rotation will be discussed below.
The size of the item may be selected on all product pages.
1. Small - This head fits well on the smaller hulkbuster sets (Hulkbuster Smash-up 76104, and Hulkbuster Smash 76031). It is approximately 4 studs wide.
2. Medium - This is the size that I used for my Hulkbuster MOC. It is designed to fit on a 10" tall figure which accurately matches the proportions of the on-screen Hulkbuster. It is between 4.5 and 5 studs wide.
3. Large - This size is designed to match the larger head on the Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition set. It is actually slightly smaller than the 6 stud-wide half-sphere of the set, coming in at about 5.5 studs wide. Most importantly, however, the shape is much more accurate. This means that the head is not nearly as tall and does not protrude out as much.
1. Natural Versatile Plastic (std res) - This is the "standard resolution" option. As a result it is slightly cheaper. Due to its resolution, only large items may be purchased in this material. For purchasing a head that is large, std res, and rotates please go to the page named "Hulkbuster Head (large/with rotation/std res)".
2. Smooth Fine Detail Plastic (high res) - This is the "high resolution" option. To purchase a head of this material that has rotation you must purchase the head and connector seperately. This is because the connector requires the flexibility of the "std res" material. Please ensure that they are the same size. The head can be found on the page "Hulkbuster (hi res/with rotation)", while the connector is found on the page "Hulkbuster Connector".