Catalog (click here)
Set contains 8 mounts (turrets)
Recommended to build a late-war USS Pennsylvania BB-38 model from:
Scale: although Revell box art and literature state the scale of these models to be 1/426 scale, they are actually 1/429 scale as confirmed by Loren Perry, owner of Gold Medal Models and holder of the original Revell documents. These mounts are perfectly scaled to match your Revell kit.
This model kit superstructure is intended to help the modeler convert any 1/426 scale USS Arizona BB-39 model kit to sistership USS Pennsylvania BB-38 as she appeared after her 1942-1943 refit. USS Pennsylvania (BB-38) was rebuilt at Mare Island between 4 October 1942 and 5 February 1943 and received eight Mk.32 twin mounts during that time.
- accurate dimensions scaled from official US Navy blueprints and confirmed by photos and measurements taken from actual Twin Mounts
- detailed armored viewfinder and rangefinder hoods
- integrated trunnion with slots for barrels (not included)
- integrated barbette
- crew access hatches and maintenance hatches with hinge and bolt-head details
- bolt-heads in accurate locations
These mounts are precisely scaled to match the dimensions of the real mounts as recorded in official Navy blueprints. They are not 3D-printed copies of any plastic or resin model ship parts. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or any aftermarket items such as photoetch railings or wood deck may be necessary for best fit.
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
Model Monkey 1/426 (1/429) scale Battleship Products for Revell:
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Lighter than the earlier, heavier version designed for fast battleships, the "Mark 32" version of the twin mount was designed specifically for aircraft carriers and cruisers and other ships where weight was an important consideration, such as USS Pennsylvania BB-38. Mk.32 mounts are known to have been carried by these ships and classes:
- USS Saratoga CV-3 (post-1941)
- Essex class
- refit USS Nevada BB-36
- refit USS Pennsylvania BB-38
- rebuilt USS Tennessee BB-43
- rebuilt USS California BB-44
- refit USS Maryland BB-46
- rebuilt USS West Virginia BB-48
- Alaska class
- Atlanta class (later ships)
- Baltimore class
- Brooklyn class
- Cleveland class
- Des Moines class
- Oakland class
- San Diego class
- Wind class Coast Guard cutters
- various auxiliaries