These are the red capacitors for the left pontoon of the Back to the Future Delorean. They replace the inaccurate stock parts 82G from issue 82 and they can be installed the same way as the stock parts, by using an BP screw for each capacitor.
Differences in respect to the stock part:
How to place them in the right position:
- Accurate height in order to match the movie used part
- Correct rounding of the top and bottom edges
- Each capacitor is in the correct position
- Terminals separated from each other
- Made the base separate for easy painting
Take a look at the top view which shows the correct position of the capacitors.
Accurate to the max and designed to perfectly fit the 1:8 scale Eaglemoss Back to the Future Delorean.
Painting and assembly
I used the following steps to paint and assemble it:
- Prime with Tamiya grey primer
- Paint the bases with Vallejo Gunmetal
- Paint the screws with Vallejo Steel
- Paint the Capacitors with Tamiya TS-18 Metallic Red
- Paint the terminals with Vallejo Gloss White
- Glue the pins on the bottom of the capacitors in place
- Installed the same way as the stock parts, by using an BP screw for each capacitor.
- Add wire clips by using the MP screws and be carefull not to overtighten them or the terminals could break.
Because of the small and intricate details these parts are only available in the best quality available: Smoothest Fine Detail Plastic.