Phantom 1.5 Conversion Instructions are posted at Instructables.com.
Use the 40mm Battery Door v2 for FC40
with a Phantom 2 Replacement Shell* to convert your Phantom FC40 into a Phantom 1.5
– and fly up to 25 minutes! This is the only Phantom 1.5 conversion available for the FC40.
With this combination the Phantom 1.5 can accept internally a single high-capacity standard XT60 battery OR two stock Phantom XT60 2200mah batteries in parallel providing maximum flexibility and dramatically longer flight times. Just snap the DJI Phantom FC40 1.5 40mm Battery Door
in the place designed for the DJI Intelligent Battery, and enjoy ultra-low operating costs and long flight times. (Note: This model specifically for the Phantom FC40 and will not work with the Phantom 1.
(For upgrading the DJI Phantom 1 to a Phantom 1.5 try the DJI Phantom 1.5 40mm Battery Door
This solution is the only battery door solution available for the DJI Phantom FC40
that gives you an internal battery upgrade solution.
In addition, the 40mm Battery Door for the FC40
provides an External USB Port
and a 360 degree view of the Flight Status Light
from the ground. Plug your USB cable into the External USB Port on the back of the door to conveniently update your NAZA. The external port eliminates the Phantom FC40s onboard stock internal USB cable saving 10g of extra weight and adding convenience. The relocated Flight Status Light also allows enhances safety by allowing you to see the battery status from any direction on the ground – instead of just the back of the original Phantom 1.
New Battery Options: HobbyKing's West Coast Warehouse
offers the compact MultiStar High Capacity 3S 5200mAh XT60 Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack
, battery for less than $30. With a higher power-to-weight ratio than larger batteries, this battery is optimized for flight time. The battery comes with a XT-60 connector on it, so it's plug-and-play. The same battery is available from HobbyKing's International Warehouse for around $25
, saving $3 over the US Warehouse, but the wait is a little longer: MultiStar High Capacity 3S 5200mAh XT60 Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack.
• No proprietary batteries!
• Use standard XT60 batteries
in flexible configurations:
- Single XT60 5200mah battery* with a street price under $28
vs $129 for the DJI Intelligent Battery
- Twin Phantom XT60 2200mah batteries* in a parallel configuration
- With high power-to-weight ratio 5200mah batteries flight times up to 25 minutes
with DJI 9" props
• NEW External USB Port for easy NAZA firmware updates
• NEW - 360 Degree Flight Status Light Location visible from any direction on the ground
• For the price of one DJI Intelligent Battery, you can buy four XT60 5200mah batteries
• No soldering, cutting or alteration of the parts are required. Upgrade uses stock screws and fasteners.
Additional Parts Sold Separately:
• DJI Phantom 2 Replacement Shell
• 4-pin Male-to-Female Jumper Wire Extension for relocating the Phantom's Flight Status Light/USB Port inside the Battery Bay 40mm Extension 4-pin Male-to-Female Jumper Wire Extension available here
• XT60 Parallel Y-Adapter (for parallel configurations)
• Screwdriver set (including hex, and Phillips tips)
• Prop wrench if you don't have self-tightening props (came with the original Phantom)
• Tape to mark motors and motor arms
• Small amount of electrical tape to insulate the remote control receiver
No soldering, cutting or alteration of the parts is needed. Uses stock screws and fasteners.
• Be sure to recalibrate the compass on the Phantom before first flight
*Sold separately and not included
© 2014 Brian Self Design, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This product ONLY for Phantom FC40.
While every effort has been made to insure the highest quality, and correct instructions, Brian Self Design provides the kit as-is. By installing the Fuselage Extension, you agree that you remain fully responsibility for the airworthiness, safe operation and use of the DJI Phantom upgraded with Fuselage Extension. Each pilot must verify the safety of their aircraft prior to take-off and maintain safe operations during flight. If at any time a concern develops about the airworthiness of a craft, it is the recommendation of Brian Self Design that the aircraft be grounded until all matters are fully resolved before flights resume.
Brian Self Design cannot be responsible for any accidental damage that may occur to the Phantom or parts during installation.
Comments or Questions:
Please feel free to leave any comments or questions about the product below.