1.13.18 - updates due to shapeways changes in printing/pricing
This is a model in N scale (1:160) of a chassis rotator that is fitted to large forklifts to assist in storage of intermodal chassis' in vertical racks. www.chassissystems.com has a video of this device in action. I have provided enough parts for 2 conversion and spare parts incase something brings trying to modify it to fit the KATO model.
1. You will need to remove the stacking system on the front forks of a the KATO TCM Forklift/Stacker
. The stacker can be slide out of the center of the fork masts.
2. look at the assembled photos below for reference. the red "ibeam" is the part going back into the KATO forklift.
3. line up and glue the rotation mount to the ibeam. this can be done off the KATO model if you wish.
4. position the rest of the frame to the rotation mount, lining up the large holes.
5. seperate the 4 round rods. 1 is used for each model. slide it into the holes to hold the frame to the rotation mounting plates.DO NOT GLUE it in at this time
6. decide if you want to model this as a fork at 90 deg level to ground or in travel/place position of 60deg
7. 90deg = longer hydrolic cylinders, 60deg = short. there are extras in case they break.
8. glue them in place and paint our model.
I designed the model to fit my chassis' available in my store, but should work for most on the market. as always feedback is appreciated.