This part replaces the throttle push rod deck housing on the Italeri 1/35th scale PT 109 kit. The cast in housing must be trimmed off and engine hatch modified to use this part. The kit incorrectly locates the coamings along the engine hatch too far inboard. The outboard coaming faces should be flush with the sides of the day room cabin. The aft torpedo tubes must also be moved to the correct location, this affects the position of the "humped" housing section and the tube's forward mounting pad that slides under it a bit.
Here are some "as accurate as possible" measurements from the (modified) kit taken by a modeler friend. Please check your model before purchasing:
1. Between starboard turret and starboard bridge wing at coaming (between Italeri kit end blocks): 0.92" (23.368mm)
2. From inside of starboard bridge wing (or however far under the step you want) to aft face of day room cabin: 3.875" (98.425mm)
3. From aft face of day room cabin to center of torpedo pad (where it goes into / under the humped section): 2.14" (54.356mm)
4. From center of torpedo pad to end of coaming: 1.87" (47.498mm)
5. From aft face of day room cabin to end of coaming: 4.01" (101.854mm)
The first step is to clean all parts thoroughly. Handle very carefully as the plastic is brittle. Please see the guide and links here: http://www.pt103.com/3D_Printed_PT_Boat_Parts.html. For best painting results be sure to follow cleaning with a UV cure from a lamp with the correct output, or the sun.
This part comes in 6 sections. One section fits between the forward turret and bridge wing. The 2 tall sections fit from under the wing step to the end of the day room cabin. The 3 remaining sections run from the end of the day room cabin to the end of the coaming, aft of the engine hatch.
For further details, please see this page: http://www.pt103.com/PT_Boat_Components_Throttle_Push_Rod_Deck_Housing.html