Catalog (click here)
Set contains two turrets: one twin-gun 8"/55 cal. turret and one triple-gun 8"/55 cal. turret
Recommended for Iron Shipwright's 1/350 scale USS Salt Lake City CA-25
Two sets are required to complete one model. This two-turret set (more properly called "gunhouses"), is designed to accurize any 1/700 scale USS Pensacola CA-24 or USS Salt Lake City CA-25 heavy cruiser model kit. Depending on which kit you own, some adjustment may be needed for best fit.
- overall dimensions precisely scaled from US Navy O.P.1112 (2nd Rev.) "Gun Mount and Turret Catalog" drawings dated 15 January 1945
- correct gunhouse roof geometry
- accurately shaped armored rangefinder hoods
- four crew access doors and 172 hex-head exterior bolts properly positioned, sized and correctly placed according to photos of the actual turrets
- separate trunnion, slotted for your favorite brass barrels (not included) to allow you to position the guns to any realistic elevation from -5 degrees to +40 degrees just like the real turret
The US Navy installed two 8"/55 caliber Triple-gun Turrets and two 8"/55 caliber Twin-gun Turrets on the ships of the Pensacola class heavy cruisers of World War II fame:
- USS Pensacola CA-24
- USS Salt Lake City CA-25
These turrets carried two or three Mk.9 guns, later upgraded to Mk.14 guns. Please use your favorite brass barrels or your kit's parts.
Model Monkey 1/350 Pensacola class products:
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.