Highly detailed 1/350 Royal Navy WW2 Boat Set Number 1. This set is highly detailed and has been created to replace the plastic blobs :-) that represent Ships Boats on most kits. The most detailed and accurate replacement boats on the market in any scale.
- Contains the following boats:
- 35 Foot Fast Motor Boats x2 (Updated)
- 32 Foot Motor Cutters x2
- 32 Foot Cutters x2
- 27 Foot Whalers x2
- 14 Foot Dinghys x2
- NOTE: This set DOES NOT contain the boat supports for those wishing to use Photo Etch or the supports on the kit. See My Shop for version of this set with detailed supports printed on the boats for ease of use.
- Coming soon WW2 Royal Navy Searchlight Set, WW2 Royal Navy Propeller Set and Royal Navy WW2 Boat Set 2.
- Available in other scales.
Some part cleanup
will be necessary. The 3D printing process uses a waxy substance to support certain part features during the printing process. Although the parts are cleaned by Shapeways, some waxy residue may remain. It can be safely removed with water and a mild aqueous detergent like "Simple Green
" using an old, soft toothbrush, Q-tips or pipe cleaners. Customers report that "Bestine
" and "Goo Gone
" also work well.During the printing process, liquid resin is cured by ultraviolet light. Microscopic bits of resin may remain uncured.
Let your parts sit in direct sunlight for a few hours to fully cure the resin.
Water-based acrylic paints
meant for plastics is strongly recommended. Other paints, especially enamels, may not cure on Frosted Detail 3D-printed plastics.
Use dedicated model sprue cutters to remove parts to minimise damage to parts.
Please take a look at my other items.