1:87 - SHERMAN TANK M4A3E8
This is a scalemodel of the famous American Sherman tank version 'M4A3E8', (also known as "Easy Eight") for 'H0' model railroads. Can be used as a load on flat rail cars for military shipment by freight train. This version was also used in the movie 'Fury' (2014) with Brad Pitt. Link to my other HO models
The model is designed to be printed in 3 parts;
- The turret can be rotated in any direction.
- The barrel has to be glued in place, so you can place it in any position you like.
- Model is based on blueprints to maximize accuracy.
- Designed and optimized for shapeways to produce it as cheap as possible in 'frosted detail'.
Before painting, always degrease your model in a glass of lukewarm water and a drop of dishwashing soap (do not use a dishwasher!). Allow it to dry completely before painting.
Aplie a thin layer of paint, use 'drybrush' techniques to bring the detail alive.
If you don't have a lot of experience; watch multiple 'tutorials' on youtube about painting model airplanes and tanks. You can't rush art, so take your time to finish the model ;).
1:87 is 'H0' scale for model railroads, half the size of '0 scale' ("hah-null").
Thanks for stopping by & have fun!
* Like or share if you care! :)