The filter receptacle & holder is designed for filtering solids from liquids. It is suitable for filtering alcohol, water, oil, propylene glycol, glycerine and other liquids. Note that the thicker/more viscous the liquid, the slower the flow!
- Place the filter receptacle into an appropriately sized funnel.
- Put the funnel over a beaker or jar.
- Put a 90 mm filter paper into the receptacle, on the mesh in the base.
- Put the holder into the receptacle, to hold the filter paper in place.
- Add some mass into the cup at the top of the holder. This ensures a tight seal for the filter paper. Small lead sinkers work well.
- Pour the unfiltered liquid into the filter receptacle.