Catalog (click here)
Scale 1/192 (1/16 inch = 1 foot)
Set contains 2 tubs with ammuntion clipping rooms below them.
These models represent the enlarged and re-positioned fighting positions for quadruple 40mm Bofors cannon mounts, called "tubs", fit to many Fletcher class destroyers from late World War Two. This significant and very conspicuous modification was made to improve the anti-aircraft capability of Fletcher class destroyers facing the frightening Kamikaze threat. An AA Deck House is available separately (click here).
- dimensions match 1/192 scale drawings by Thomas F. Walkowiak of USS The Sullivans DD-537 available from The Floating Drydock (click here)
- 3-level ammunition racks accurately slotted for 2 rows of 40mm ammuniiton clips including larger slots for the clips and smaller slots for the ammuntion tips
- highly detailed ammunition compartment doors with "Condition Y" placard, hinge and rub-plate details
- the portion of the deck that extends outwards from the central deck house underneath is included as an aid to position and align the tubs
- splinter shielding and deck extensions accurately shaped to account for deck shear (slope)
- small, raised locator disks mark the position on the deck extensions of the Bofors mounts (Bofors mounts are not included)
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
These models are designed from official US Navy drawings to represent the real shape and size of the tubs. They are not scaled to precisely fit any specific plastic, wood or resin kit. Depending on which kit you own, some adjustment to your kit's parts, other aftermarket parts such as photo-etch or resin mounts, or these 3D-printed tubs, may be necessary for best fit.