You must be logged in and verified to contact the designer.
CF de Camargue
The CF de Camargue was a metre gauge railway running from Arles on 4 lines.
Transpotation of salt was one main reason for lines to be built. At Arles salt was transferred to standard gauge wagons.
From the start steam was used, but supplies of good quality of water led compan to look for alternatives to steam power, and started toplan to convert toelectric power prior to WW1, which delayed project . Work started in 1920s and continued up till 1930s.
Electric locos were intoduced in 1932. Each had a freight compartment, so were part loco/part railcar. They were used on both passenger and freight trains.
Electric railcars(automotice) were also introduced
In 1949, Decauville supplied 4 new lightweight aluminium coaches fited to old bogies. Longer and wider than existing coaches they were often used in singles.
The railway was finally closed in the 1950s, but much of the station and workshops at Arles still exist at time of writing.
Website with history here http://c.f.camargue.free.fr/