Highly Detailed 1/600 HMS Ajax Lower Bridge Upgrade set for the 1/600 Airfix kit.
- Highly detailed part, printed with 1 Ton Winches in place, Hatches, Doors, Cooling Grills
- Very accurate, modelled off Profile Morskie plans and reference photographs
- Printed with small guides for photo etch railing, made to it upper bridge section perfectly
- Printed with hatches in place, cuts down on cost of Photo Etch, also has a strengthened hole for mast placement. One strengthening sprue between sections will need cutting
- Upper Bridge, Turret, HACS MKIII, Main director and Range Finders not included
(see HMS Ajax section in my shop for these.) These items are for sole use with this bridge set.
Will also need 2x 20 inch searchlights included in my forthcoming RN Searchlights release.
- Coming soon Aft Superstructure Set and possibly Funnel Set.
This model has been made with the bridge hatches and door hatches in place.
Some part cleanup
will be necessary. The 3D printing process uses a waxy substance to support certain part features during the printing process. Although the parts are cleaned by Shapeways, some waxy residue may remain. It can be safely removed with water and a mild aqueous detergent like "Simple Green
" using an old, soft toothbrush, Q-tips or pipe cleaners. Customers report that "Bestine
" and "Goo Gone
" also work well.
During the printing process, liquid resin is cured by ultraviolet light. Microscopic bits of resin may remain uncured. Let your parts sit in direct sunlight for a few hours to fully cure the resin.
Water-based acrylic paints
meant for plastics is strongly recommended. Other paints, especially enamels, may not cure on Frosted Detail 3D-printed plastics.
Use dedicated model sprue cutters to remove parts to minimise damage to parts.
Please take a look at my other items.