Catalog (click here)
This model kit represents the funnel of USS Arizona BB-39 as the ship appeared at Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. This is a multi-part kit. These parts were designed for a tight fit. 3D-printed plastic is more brittle than polystyrene kit parts. If necessary, trim parts to fit rather than force them.
- overall dimensions and features scaled from official US Navy plans and drawings by Alan B. Chesley and A.D. Baker III adjusted to match photographs of the actual ship
- accurately shaped steam pipes and incinerator exhausts
- accurately shaped machinegun platforms and splinter shields
- separate machinegun platform permits easier access to, and interior painting of, the searchlight control platforms straddling the funnel
- open smoke pipe with correct interior "bend", hollow all the way through
- fine supporting structure details omitted, ready for your favorite photo-etch parts (not included)