Catalog (click here)
The major differences of this 1942 version and the earlier 1941 version are:
Recommended to help convert your Trumpeter 1/350 USS Saratoga CV-3 kit to the ship's 1942 appearance.
This model represents the bridge tower of celebrated aircraft carrier USS Saratoga CV-3 as she appeared during the critical early months of World War II in the Pacific, May through October, 1942, during the Battles of the Eastern Solomons and Guadalcanal.
- no Fighting Tops, Range Finder Station nor heavy tripod for 8" guns
- addition of the Air Defense Station (top level)
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- fully assembled
- accurately dimensioned from US Navy Booklet of General Plans drawings
- detail locations confirmed by careful study of photographs of the actual ship
- bulkhead details properly sized and located
- proper venturi for 1942
- open pilot house windows
- open A/T doors, ready for your favorite photoetch
- portholes (airports) properly sized and located
- detailed interior barbette and associated bulkheads with open scuttles
- raised 2-1/2 meter rangefinder tub
- heavy structural supports
- light structural supports, ladders and railings omitted, ready for your favorite photoetch
Complementing Model Monkey 1/350 scale US Navy Aircraft Carrier Products: