You must be logged in and verified to contact the designer.
To be used with the Walthers SW-1.
1. Plug the existing screw hole in the frame with a brass screw. Cut the head off and clean flush to coupler pad surface.
2. Tack glue this new draft gear box in place.
3. Use the 0.020" diameter hole to drill point where the new screw hole will be located.
4. Drill and tap new screw hole in the frame for a 00-80 screw.
5. Open up the 0.020" diameter hole in draft gear box to 0.058" diameter.
6. Permanently glue the new draft gear box to the frame making sure the holes line up.
This buffer plate draft gear box is designed for a Sergent coupler. You can use a Kadee whisker coupler, but you will have to shim it to get the correct height. The Sergent coupler has a thicker shank.
If you choose to buy this, you need to buy two to get what you need for one locomotive.