Catalog (click here)
Set includes 2 mounts (turrets) with barrels.
Designed with upper, aft facet, specifically for John C. Butler and Rudderow class destroyer escorts. One Edsall class ship (USS Camp DE-251) and eleven Buckley class ships received two of these mounts during refits. This type was also fit to the New Mexico class battleship USS Idaho BB-41.
Among naval historians, the US Navy 5"/38 caliber gun is considered the best intermediate-caliber, dual purpose naval gun of World War II. Two 5-inch/38 Mk.30 single mounts were normally fitted to Rudderow and John C. Butler class destroyer escorts, one forward and one aft.
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- fully assembled
- scaled from official US Navy drawings
- accurate, asymmetrically-shaped gunhouse (turret)
- 5"/38 cal. gun set at the loading angle of +5 degrees
- accurately offset gun opening
- accurate glacis (forward face) stiffener detail
- access hatches and viewports with hinge, clasp ("dog") and bolt detail
- detailed turret bottom supporting structure with accurately placed bolt-head detail
- rear vent and shell ejection chute