** 12.2.18 - Redesign (strengthening)
** FUD component of a 2 kit build**
This model is a N Scale (1:160) Bulk Coal Rotary Dumper found in various styles across the world. I have modified a HO scale version to be suitable for N scale. There is some assembly required and extra materials needed. There is not a "pit" area. You are responsible for mounting and locating according to your needs. Completed 3D generated model can be seen on the image resources along with a simple motorized setup.
Click here for a Google Doc for Build and Tips from Other Builders
1. Kit 1 - This kit
2. Kit 2 - WSFP Kit - https://www.shapeways.com/product/NHLXRYCEH/n-coal-rotary-dumper-wsp-parts
3. Evergreen Styrene Tubes in sizes 6-224 and 6-225
4. Evergreen Sheet - Car Support Wall - removing this from the print saved YOU some money :D (see img 5 forn its intended us)
5. Bolts, Washers and Nuts. ie Microfasteners.com 2-56 size
6. N scale track, i am using Atlas Flex Code 80. Code shouldn't matter.
7. PATIENCE!! This is a BETA Model and some post print modifications might be necessary
OPTIONAL Motorization: (NOT TESTED by myself)
1. Tamiya Planetary Motor Kit w/ a 1/8" wide belt pulley Can substitute your own options
2. 1/8" O-Ring to serve as a drive belt.https://www.servocity.com/html/smooth_belts.html#.Vnnp__krK9J