This listing includes four truck sideframes, two bolsters, and two jacking pads. The trucks are intended to be assembled with 30" wheels, as per prototype. The jacking pads are designed to go on the side of the car (not included) after installing the brake line (not included: brass wire recommended). Note that the other side of the car has the two jacking pads molded on.
- As you install the jacking pads, make sure they are parallel and match with the existing pads on the other side of the car (GSI Depressed Center Flatcar only).
- The screw holes for truck assembly may need to be tapped or widened before the truck is screwed together.
- You may need to use an axle cone tuning tool for optimal free rolling ability.
- The N and HO scale truck have a different bolster design from the first listing photo to make them stronger. The tabs on the trucks should go between the bi-layer on the bolster. For that reason, it might be viable to glue or simply press fit them together.
- If you choose a metal option, make sure to electrically insulate the two sideframes from each other to prevent shorts
- 30" diameter wheelsets
- 2-56 (O)
- 2-56 (S)
- 2-56 (HO)
- 00-90 (N) (or glue trucks together)