You must be logged in and verified to contact the designer.
SLNCR Railcar B
The SLNCR was a small standard gauge(Irish 5ft 3in) line linking Enniskillen on the Great Northern system with Sligo on the Midland Great Western system, later to become part of the Great Southern Railway and finally CIE.
Railcar 'B' was supplied by Walkers of Wigan in 1947,powered by a 102hp Gardner diesel engine mounted on a four-wheeled power bogie .The power bogie was of the four coupled wheel arrangement with outside rods. It was articulated to the main passenger coach, which was carried on a plain bogie.
When the GNR closed in 1957, Railcar 'B' was bought by CIE and became railcar 2509. It was finally withdrawn in 1971 .
Railcar 'B's SLNCR colour scheme was the two-tone green scheme . When in service with CIE it carried that operator's green livery up until 1962 and after that date the black and orange livery.
Requires finishing off, wheels and mechanism etc.
Scale 1/97 3.142mm/ft (16.5mm gauge track)
This works out at nearest scale /gauge combination, and is close eenough to 3mm/ft 1/100 to use 3mm scale accessories anf 15mm wargaming buildings .