Highly Detailed 1/600 HMS Ajax Funnel and Searchlight Platform Upgrade for the 1/600 Airfix kit.
- Highly detailed part, printed with Hatches, Vents, Searchlight Platform.
- Very accurate, modelled off Profile Morskie plans and reference photographs
- Printed with small guides for photo etch railing
- Has guides in place to make Pipes and Horns/Blowers placement easier.
- Printed with Hatches and Vents in place, cuts down on cost of Photo Etch
- NOTE: Searchlight Platforms will need removing from sprue. Guides on parts for correct placement of Searchlight Platforms.
- Not Included: 36 Inch Searchlight (see HMS Ajax section in my shop for these items.)
- RN Searchlight Set, Ships Boats, RN Propeller Set covering different vessels.
Some part cleanup
will be necessary. The 3D printing process uses a waxy substance to support certain part features during the printing process. Although the parts are cleaned by Shapeways, some waxy residue may remain. It can be safely removed with water and a mild aqueous detergent like "Simple Green
" using an old, soft toothbrush, Q-tips or pipe cleaners. Customers report that "Bestine
" and "Goo Gone
" also work well.
During the printing process, liquid resin is cured by ultraviolet light. Microscopic bits of resin may remain uncured. Let your parts sit in direct sunlight for a few hours to fully cure the resin.
Water-based acrylic paints
meant for plastics is strongly recommended. Other paints, especially enamels, may not cure on Frosted Detail 3D-printed plastics.
Use dedicated model sprue cutters to remove parts to minimise damage to parts.
Please take a look at my other items.