1:144 - HALF TRACK SD.KFZ 10 - (2 PACK)
This is a scalemodel of the German 'Sd.Kfz 10'; a 1 ton half-track for 1:144 WW2 dioramas. The vehicle could carry 8 soldiers (6 in the back) and was widely used on all fronts as a prime mover for small towed guns and trailers. This product contains 2 versions of the halftrack; convertible canvas top in 'open' and 'closed' position. Link to my other 1/144 models
- (4 pack available) -
The model is designed to be printed in 9 parts
- (1x) Main vehicle with retracted canvas top (open).
- (1x) Main vehicle with canvas top in closed position (canopy is loose part).
- (1x) Sprue with 2 German drivers. (*)
- (1x) Sprue with tracks (left/right).
- (2x) Sprue with front and back seats.
- Model is based on blueprints to maximize accuracy.
- Designed and optimized for shapeways to produce it as cheap as possible in 'frosted detail'.
Before painting, always degrease your model in a glass of lukewarm water and a drop of dishwashing soap (do not use a dishwasher!)
. Allow it to dry completely before painting.
Aplie a thin layer of paint, use 'drybrush' techniques to bring the detail alive. Paint the inside, tracks and figures first before gluing. If you don't have a lot of experience; watch multiple 'tutorials' on youtube about painting model vehicles. You can't rush art, so take your time to finish the model ;).
1:144 is a popular scale for aircraft and half the size of 1:72 models. It's a great scale when creating large dioramas with multiple models in one scene, especially if you don't have much space available. You can combine tanks, airplanes, vehicles, buildings... to create an epic historical battle landscape. (Normandy, Battle of the bulge,...)
Also very small diorama's with just one vehicule can be an intriguing 'eye-catcher' on your desk.
Thanks for stopping by & have fun!
* Like or share if you care! :)
* Additional crewmembers and (towing) canon will be designed as a future product.