This is a screen-accurate cuff, in the original size used for Suicide Squad. For custom sizes, please send us a message and we will post a product listing for your wrist size! (If there is a listing already up for someone that matches your wrist size, you are welcome to purchase it - just know that if you feel it may be a hair off for you, we fully intend these to be customizable and it's no issue to fit them to your wrists.)
Dimensions and features in the original and screen accurate size:
Finishing the cuffs:
If you print with the unpolished strong and flexible, check out 3D Printing Nerd's (featuring Punished Props) video on finishing. (Thank you to Three Red Diamonds here on Shapeways for this link.)
- This listing is for ONE cuff
- Band width is 1.75"/45mm
- Diameter inside the cuff from its widest points is 2.25"/57mm
- Height from the points where the band ends to the top of the cuff above is 1.75"/45mm (keep in mind that this is not the smallest part of the height, just a reference point)
- Spikes are 7/8" or 22mm long
You may need to sand the cuffs; I often find that I can skip this step, but it depends on the material and the way you prefer to finish. Use a sandable primer (one optimized for plastic or an automotive type) and sand between coats. You can sand between metallic paint coats as well provided you use a very high-grit sandpaper.
Another option if you want an extreme gloss without the sanding is Smooth-On's XTC-3D; but keep in mind that if you like the flexibility, you will lose a little of it (depending on how much you apply) as this product is a hard resin.
There are two more versions of these spike tips: one that is slightly rounded and one that is very rounded, both for con safety and personal comfort reasons. Please check the shop for these listings (the product title will specify).
- If you make a tutorial on finishing, please be sure to state where the cuffs came from so that people have accurate information about pricing and contacts.
- You can sell finished items only if you have my explicit permission and have discussed this with me, and providing you state clearly that the base product comes from this Shapeways shop.
There is also a version of this cuff that is bent as on screen; you may find this more comfortable in the plastic for keeping the cuffs in place. Please also check the shop for the bent listings (the product titles will specify).