Catalog (click here)
Recommended to build USS New Jersey BB-62 from:
This is an unassembled multi-part kit intended to help convert any 1/200 scale World War Two configuration Iowa class battleship model kit to USS New Jersey BB-62 as she appeared from late 1943 through 1944. Some adjustment of these parts or the kit parts may be necessary for best fit.
In addition to the round bridge, there were subtle differences between New Jersey's bridge and those of her sisters. Many of these differences are captured in this design. This is NOT a duplicate Missouri bridge with a round front.
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
- scale armored conning tower thickness
- open bridge windows
- open armored conning tower doors with hinge detail
- open A/T doors, ready for your favorite photo-etch
- multi-part design allows easy access to the interiors for painting
- detailed Bofors tub supporting structure
- Mk.49 Director tubs (directors not included)
- wiper motor detail
- correct door, porthole and vision slit placement for New Jersey
- proper bulkhead orientation for New Jersey
From Wikipedia: "USS New Jersey (BB-62; "Big J" or "Black Dragon") is an Iowa-class battleship, and was the second ship of the United States Navy to be named in honor of the US state of New Jersey. New Jersey earned more battle stars for combat actions than the other three completed Iowa-class battleships, and was the only US battleship providing gunfire support during the Vietnam War."