Catalog (click here)
Set includes 4 turrets with barrels.
Recommended for (among others):
This set of 4 turrets represents the 38cm (15") main battery of the World War Two-era Deutsche Kriegsmarine battleships Bismarck and Tirpitz, more properly known as the Drh LC/34 mount with SKC/34 guns. For a detailed description of the actual weapons, click here. This set is also suitable for the reconstructed battleship Gneisenau.
Acrylic plastic is brittle. Caution is recommended when removing the sprue from the gun barrels.
- overall dimensions scaled from Krupp factory drawings. The dimensions match drawings published in Anatomy of the Ship: The Battleship Bismarck by Jack Brower
- details confirmed by careful study of photographs of the real ships
- Turret "Anton", the forward-most turret on the ship, accurately has its rangefinder removed and the openings blanked. Turrets "Bruno", "Caesar" and "Dora" have accurate armored rangefinders.
- accurately sized and positioned bolthead detail
- accurately shaped rangefinder and viewfinder shutters in closed positions
Click here for cleaning and painting advice.
© Model Monkey Book and Hobby. This 3D-printed item may not be copied or recast.
This model is scaled to represent the features of the actual ship based on the best, authoritative references available. It is NOT a 3D-printed copy of any metal, plastic or resin kit's parts therefore it may be sized and shaped differently than the parts in your plastic or resin kit. Some adjustment to your kit's parts or other aftermarket sets such as photo etch or wood decks may be needed for best fit.