Working Gill Jet (also called Pump Jet or Azimuth Thruster) for RC model boat application. The water duct is about 12 mm in diameter with controllable thrust vector that can be steered by a small RC servo.
Additionally needed parts:
- 1.8 gram servo (recommended: S18JST by Sol Expert)
- micro motor M700 (7x16mm)
- for steering control mechanism: two gears (7...10 and 35 teeth, M0,5, 2mm wide, 7 are recommended for smaller gear)
- for drive: two gears (M0,5, 8 and 12 teeth, 2mm wide each, for 1mm shaft)
- shafts: small 1mm shafts can be need that should be run in brass tubes (2mm outside)
- propeller of 12mm diameter (available in various shops)
The air vent (pointing up) is used to let out the air when the boat is watered and can either be used as is or shortened and connected to a silicone hose of about 3mm inner diameter. The impeller drive is set up to be used with a 12mm propeller (not included); the impeller part is removable for easier installation but needs to be glued to be waterproof once the propeller is installed (no O-ring seal).
For an assembly manual, details and further background information: see www.microboathobby.com (download section)