This is a replacement radio knob for the 2009-2010 Pontiac Vibe. The original knob on these radios was known to have fragile guts, leaving the knob "free wheeling" on the stem and preventing the user from adjusting the volume or manually tuning the radio. This knob is hopefully more robust, and you can still see the knob at night thanks to the slits incorporated into the design that allow the backlight to shine through.
- There is a great write-up on how to replace the knobs here.
- Removing the old knobs and replacing them with new ones is definitely a project for a tinkerer or someone who isn't afraid of taking things apart
- UPDATE: For those afraid of taking the entire radio apart, many people have had success at breaking the knob apart to remove it. See the comments from users here in the shop and also here.
- The knobs are sold in quantities of ONE. You probably want to order two knobs when you place your order.
- Please be careful installing the knob, it can only be installed ONE WAY. There is a flat spot on the stem and a flat spot on the inside of the knob. Rotate the knob into the correct position before pressing it into place. Don't force it.
- October 2016: >180 knobs sold