This belt holster is designed to fit the "Telescoping Space Pen" by Fisher Spacepen.
(The pen is pen not included with the holster, and can be found for less than $25 online)
- Ready to write as soon as the pen comes out of the holster.
- One handed deployment and docking.
- The pen is securely locked into the holster using built-in telescoping feature.
- Ultra-lightweight, just 8 grams (0.28oz).
- Durable nylon material.
- Secure full belt loop.
- No extra parts to lose other than the pen itself.
- Compact, 107mm T x 15mm W x 20mm D (4.2" x 0.6" x 0.78").
- The pen tip is covered to preserve the ink.
- Available in nine colors.
I have had several requests to make holsters for the popular Fisher Space Pen series of products. I came across the "Telescoping Space Pen". It is the same size as the popular bullet, but has no cap to lose. The end of the pen simply pulls upwards, revealing the tip of the pen. It uses the same high quality ink cartridges also.
The holster cleverly uses the pen's own telescoping mechanism to secure the pen into the holster. All while allowing for one-handed operation.
A stiffening rib on the back ensures the tip is held strong even if the pen is not docked.
To lock the pen in place:
To remove the pen:
- Simply collapse the end of the pen.
- Place the tip into the base.
- Tilt the pen into the holster.
- Pull up on the finger grip to engage the lock. You should hear a satisfying click.
About the belt loop:
- Grip the pen and push downwards. This will disengage the lock, and release the pen.
- The pen tip will already be deployed, and already in your fingers.
- The detent on the telescoping portion will also disengage. Then you can easily extend it with one hand.
The default belt loop is: 43mm x 6.3mm (1.7" x 1/4").
Because the holster reqruires a tugging action, both up and down, The loop should have a close fit to your belt. Please send me a message if you want a different size loop. Note: You must send me a message me before purchasing as each belt size requires a new 3D model. This cannot be done post-order. The more accurate your belt measurements the better the fit.
An open clip was not used as it is not as strong or durable as a full loop.
About the material:
Made from flexible yet strong Nylon 12 plastic. The part is created using 3D printed laser sintered plastic. The result is a solid plastic component that is durable and long-lasting.
Like all nylon materials the part can absorb moisture. Care should be taken to prevent prolonged exposure to liquids. Dry the part as soon as possible to prevent warping.
Like most plastics: Care should be taken to keep the holster out of direct sunlight or high heat for extended periods. The actual nylon material is very heat resistant, however prolonged heat can allow warping to occur.
How ordering from Shapeways Works:
Shapeways handles the part production and shipping based on your order input. I (ZapWizard) am the designer, and I receive a portion of the total order.
I cannot customize, alter or process any returns after your order has been placed. All post-sales issues must be handled through Shapeways customer service.
Leaving any text in the "Personal Message" box will be printed on a gift card included with your shipment, I do not see these messages.