UtorCase turns your PS4 controller and your Amazon Kindle Fire HD into a handheld game console by mounting the phone on the controller. Also, you can conveniently use second screen apps that support landscape mode with UtorCase. (According to my research Amazon Kindle Fire HD does not support USB OTG out of the box required for Android gaming, but you may have a chance to enable it with root access. For a list of phones that have out of the box USB OTG support click here).
In addition to UtorCase, you will also need the following items (excluded from your Shapeways purchase!):
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD with USB OTG or USB Host enabled (Amazon)
- PS4 Controller (Amazon )
- USB OTG cable for Android gaming (Female USB to Male Micro USB) (Amazon)
- Games that support the Android Gamepad API (I started here a list that you can edit as well)
Before you purchase:
Please make sure you can connect your Amazon Kindle Fire HD and your PS4 controller with a USB OTG Cable. On the Utor Case Questions and Answers page, I collected common issues that you may face while trying to connect your controller with your Amazon Kindle Fire HD
For questions on your shipment and order status, please contact Shapeways customer service. If you have any questions regarding the design of UtorCase, you can contact me at the UtorCase Support forum for Amazon Kindle Fire HD.
Incompatibilities with PS4 Accessories:
- The PS4 controller touchpad becomes less accessible with UtorCase on the controller.
Incompatibilities with Smartphone accessories:
- Other cases need to be removed from your phone while using UtorCase that is built for the official dimensions of your smartphone.
- Any phone addon that alters the official dimensions of the phone
UtorCase for Amazon Kindle Fire HD and other controllers:
UtorCase for other phones?
UtorCase is available for over 1400 smarthpones, and you can search here on Shapeways for yours! If you prefer filtering for phones, please go to utorcase.com
Reviews around the web
http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/accessories/utorcase-controller-mount-ps3-ps4-360-t2807699: 'it can hold my phone when lying on bed', 'simple and effective', 'The material is also very light and gives the impression of not being tough yet it is. ' - shaolin95, senior XDA forum member
Get UtorCase for free - Review opportunity!
Let's spread the word on UtorCase! Are you a respected member of online android, gaming, or gadget communities? Do you have a popular YouTube channel or blog? If you post a review of your UtorCase with at least 2-300 words, 3 or more photos, or a video, I will reimburse your purchase, so you can essentially get UtorCase for free as a review copy. Your post must be truthful and evidence based, and you are welcome to write your opinion. (If you have a problem, please let me know as well as I can improve the UtorCase design easily.)
Rules for Eligibility:
- Your site or channel is popular
- You must contact me with a link to your site at email@example.com, and get approval from me. I may decline a request at my own discretion (eg: if the site, channel, or community is unknown, or you are a newbie member)
- You have a paypal account where I can send you the reimbursement
- Your post aligns with community, forum, youtube etc. rules (no spamming please)
- Please mention in your review that you received a review copy for free (FTC rules require this)