You must be logged in and verified to contact the designer.
The LNER electric units were electric multiple units that ran on the Tyneside Electrics, a suburban system around Newcastle upon Tyne. In 1937 the London and North Eastern Railway received articulated twin passenger electric units to replace the NER electric units that had been built in 1904–15 by the North Eastern Railway. The order including some single-unit motor luggage vans and single-unit passenger cars.
Four versions of articulated twin were built:
Type A - motor 3rd + trailer 3rd (driving)
Type B - luggage motor 3rd + trailer 1st (driving)
Type C - motor 3rd + trailer 3rd (non-driving)
Type D - luggage motor 3rd + trailer 1st (non-driving)
Types A and B could be used as 2-car sets but Types C and D, with no driving cabs in the trailers, would be made up into longer sets with up to eight cars
This is one of the single car units, a luggage van, and driver positions. These could pull other wagons and coaches.