Replacement stainless-steel repair latch part for the Panasonic SD2501 and SD ZB2502 seed - nut - raisin dispenser (see pictures).
1. Remove dispenser from lid (it just pops out).
3. Remove old latch part by undoing the two cross head screws and lifting out U bracket.
4. Rescue the small spring which keeps the latch engaged.
5. Hold the very end of the spring with tweezers or needle point pliers and then wrap the spring onto the cross (a tooth pick or a match end is handy for this). Note: If the spring has one end that narrows down slightly, use that end on the retaining cross.
6. Place new latch in position, add bracket and re-secure with the two screws.
7. Make bread.
Any help - comments please get in touch.
Note: This is similar to but NOT a directly compatible part to that used in the SD253 breadmaker.