You must be logged in and verified to contact the designer.
This is the MazeBall!
A registered design (reg.no. 002144584-0002).
Size (assembled): approx. round 122 mm
Weight: approx. 300 grams
Youtube video of puzzle: https://youtu.be/H7M8KYS0JrE
Youtube video of assembly: https://youtu.be/QNNGnfoAkwA
The aim of the puzzle is to bring the ball through the maze from one end of the MazeBall to the other end.
Added to this challenge is the situation that this maze is a kind of maze within a maze; because the disk parts in between the ends can rotate but not fully (due to end stop restrictions).
Create the puzzle as follows:
1) Break off the puzzle parts (like with model kits)
2) Remove all (semi-)loose 3D printing processing powder. Advise is to use the stainless maze path scraper to do this: https://www.shapeways.com/model/848686/maze-path-scraper.html
3) Use a file and/or sandpaper to create an exact fit of the parts (as this is a technical puzzle, the print is designed on the narrow side. As it is easier to remove material to get an exact fit than to add material)
4) Rinse off the puzzle with cold water (you can safely do this as the puzzle is nylon PA66 material), and dry to air
5) Lubricate the contact surfaces to have a smooth rotation in the puzzle (use grease like Vaseline for the lubrication)
6) Drop a 1/8 inch stainless steel ball in the puzzle. This ball is not included in the print, but you can have this free from me by contacting me
7) Assemble the puzzle
Please know that the 3-D printing process of Shapeways has tolerances, which can lead to small imperfections.
If you're not used or skilled to building puzzles: assembled products can be bought at https://www.mfave.nl/en/webshop/maze_puzzles-27
This puzzle is not suitable as a toy, but intended for the serious puzzler.