Senior Software Engineer
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Shapeways is a fast-growing, global startup, with the goal of making 3D printing more accessible and affordable. Everything we make is custom, tailored to our customer's wishes. Want to help deliver excellence to our growing community? You'll be the one making sure that every customer order is printed to perfection.
Shapeways is hiring Senior Software Engineers - join us and take ownership of several key systems in our online 3D printing marketplace.
If you are deep into software architecture and have the coding and problem solving skills to build and deploy high-performance high-available web applications we are looking for you!
- App Performance and Uptime
- Code Quality and System Architecture
- Eventual Consistency
- Unit and Functional Tests
- Graceful Degradation
- Itemization / Estimation / Execution
- Collaborate with Product Team on features and improvements
- Mentor developers
- Manage your own time commitments and deliverables
- 4+ years or as a software engineer in a consumer facing e-commerce website
- Bachelor or higher preferably with a major in computing science or similar
- Familiar with HAProxy, Nginx, Apache, VCS, and Caching
- Intimate knowledge of software development methodologies and processes
- Ability to read code in OO languages e.g. PHP, Java, Python, C++
- Ability to collaborate with Product team on feature set, scope, and delivery
- Ability to mentor on best practices in code and architecture
- Experience in an agile development environment
- Experience in an automated testing environment
- Experience with Ecommerce, marketing, acquisition and retention
- Experience with ERP and MES component and system architecture
Send all of the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter.
- Resume in a standard format (.txt, .doc, .pdf) and/or link to online career profile (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Links to online portfolio, sample projects, blog, or anything that you think is applicable.