Quality Program Manager
New York, NY
Want to change the world?
Shapeways is a NY-based startup that operates the world's largest consumer 3D printing marketplace, and has printed well over one million unique objects. Shapeways.com is home to a large and diverse community of artists and enthusiasts who use Shapeways to design, produce, personalize, buy, and sell their custom-made products (puzzles, gadgets, trains, jewelry, art, etc) through the unique Shapeways Shops, an international marketplace for user-created 3D printed products.
The Shapeways community is global, dynamic, and we're moving fast! We create an online experience that ignites creativity and increases access to the largest range of 3D printing at the lowest cost and best quality. Every item we produce is customized, unique, and made to order from an infinite number of design and material combinations, and quality is key. We are looking for a rock star who understands how quality and operations excellence contribute to the bottom line, and knows how to make it happen.
The buck stops with you on quality:
- Establish and maintain an end-to-end platform of quality excellence across the global manufacturing supply chain.
- Develop and implement tools, process, and reporting that reduces deviations and improves customer experience.
- Create and implement quality standards, protocols, documentation, and training for internal and external manufacturers, supply chain, customer service, and distribution so we can spot and stop problems.
- Serve as point person for Shapeways teams who interact directly with customers on quality: product, marketing, community and customer service.
- Manage quick-hit improvement projects, work-on site with external vendors, evangelize quality in manufacturing.
This is you:
- At least 5 years experience in quality management and continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- You live and die by metrics and results! Demonstrated ability to gather, process, and analyze data to drive decisions and action and monitor results.
- SQL and Excel a MUST.
- Committed to the best, willing to do whatever it takes to make it right. Always on top of and in-charge of your stuff, and hardwired to never leave any stone unturned.
- Great communicator, with sound writing and presentation skills; a personable, and natural leader who wants the opportunity to grow fast and help those around you shine too.
- Inveterate problem solver who loves a challenge and want to improve things, constantly looking for ways to make things easier and better.
- Brilliant multi-tasker, with great attention to detail and you love Getting Stuff Done.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, ready to make decisions and move quickly.
- Maker/artist a big plus++++.