Manufacturing Technician: Full Color Sandstone (FCS) / Frosted Ultra Detail (FUD)
Location: Long Island City, NY
Are you excited about what 3D printing could mean for manufacturing, and the future of personal production? We're looking for a sharp, innovative do-er--with direct experience in a manufacturing environment--to delve into the cutting edge of 3D printing and help create solutions to problems that have yet to be solved. If you have a history that includes operating heavy machinery, and have great spatial awareness, the role of Manufacturing Technician: FCS/FUD might be right for you! We are seeking a flexible person who enjoys a challenge, is excited about additive manufacturing and loves working with their hands in a supportive, team-centric environment.
Shapeways is a fast-growing, global startup, with the goal of making 3D printing more accessible and affordable. Everything we make is custom, tailored to our customers’ wishes. Want to help deliver excellence to our growing community? You'll be the one making sure that every customer order is printed to perfection.
- Check 3D-modeled files to be printed in FCS and FUD
- Plan FCS and FUD production builds
- Perform all post-production processes on 3D printed parts
- Manage quality and customer expectations
- Make sure all products are shipped on time
- Order and manage raw material inventory
- Clean and maintain printers and post production equipment
- Implement process improvements that help KPIs (lead time, quality, cost)
- Flex from positions to create production efficiency
Required Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Associates degree in related field/Technical certification(s) a in related discipline (desired, not required)
- Good spatial awareness and happiest when working with your hands
- Must have solid-multi tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Motivated by fast paced, changing environments
- High attention to detail, focus and a can-do attitude
- Able to lift 50kgs
- Able to work weekends (potentially full time)
- Able to work 2nd shift (4:30PM to 1:30AM)
- Able to work outside “typical” (9:00am-6:00pm) work hours (potentially full time)
- This position will be offered as a 3 month contract with the potential of a full time offer after 3 months.
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for. Fun is also part of our DNA – a sense of humor is a must! You’ll also have the coolest desk toys anywhere.
Send all of the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter explaining what your favorite 3D product is, and why.
- Resume in a standard format (.txt, .doc, .pdf) and/or link to online career profile (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Links to online portfolio, sample projects, blog, or anything that you think is applicable.