Who'd Be Interested In Buying This Ring?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by PhilliptheGreat, Mar 6, 2018.

Would you buy it?

1. For sure!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nope.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Maybe if it were cheaper and/or more durable?

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. No, but it's pretty!

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. So a few months ago I wanted to buy a ring with bismuth crystals, cause I think they're amazing (google them, they're pretty and a great piece of science!). However, I only found some boring options. Thus, I decided to make one and a few months later, I had my new bronze bismuth ring! I really love it and it's my absolute favorite ring. I've gotten compliments on it and been asked where I got it. I figure they're interested in it, but I wanted to gauge interest here before I try selling.
    So I'd probably sell it for 30-40$ above the price of the printed ring due to extra costs. This would put the price of a size 12 (ish) raw bronze ring at 70-80$ and a steel one at 50-60$.
    My ring is fantastic, and it's fairly durable. The crystals are not sharp but they're hard and pointy enough to scratch things (but so are rare gems). Also, the bismuth supposedly fades to grey over time, but the only change I've noticed is where the colors have been scratched off. I'm trying to find a way to stop that, though.
    Here's how it looks in a warmer sunlight (left) and cooler sunlight (mid). The crystals mostly show their color in dim sunlight. Artificial just washes them out. Also the side profile of the ring (right). It's meant to look like roots/vines.
    20180306_105316.jpg 20180306_105638.jpg 20180306_134236.jpg
    So, considering the possibility of fading crystals (it's really easy to remove and make new ones, though) and the cost, would any of y'all for sure want one?

2. Frozenrain
    Frozenrain Well-Known Member
    This ring is cool!:D

3. Ontogenie
    Ontogenie Well-Known Member
    The ring is absolutely stunning! I think it's totally fine to offer it for sale as long as you clearly state in the description that the bismuth crystals will fade over time. Do you know how long it takes for them to fade? Do you have photos of how bismuth looks when it fades? This would be helpful information for your customers.