Which service is SLA?

Discussion in 'Technologies and Hardware' started by SWuser, May 25, 2013.

  1. SWuser
    SWuser New Member
    I need to print in SLA? What does Shapeways call this?
  2. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    If by SLA you mean a pool of resin that is solidified by some kind of light (laser beam or full frame projection), none.
  3. Mhagan
    Mhagan New Member

    Why do you need SLA specifically? Our Frosted Detail and Frosted Ultra detail use a photocured resin that is extremely similar to resins used in SLA.
  4. SWuser
    SWuser New Member
    Well it turns out that I can't use SLA. The parts are for use in continuous sunlight.
  5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    You will have trouble, even with most injection molded plastics, with extended continuous sunlight exposure. I believe Nylon (WSF and Dyed SF) would stand up the best physically over time. Dyed would possibly fade, and both will get dirty if not sealed.
  6. Mhagan
    Mhagan New Member
    Our White strong and flexible plastic will yellow over time if put under direct sunlight. Painting does provide relatively good protection from UV though.
  7. SWuser
    SWuser New Member
    We are currently using PET, and at least for the past year, it's been stable.