Which Font Is Used For The Customaker User Entered Text?

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by Foxworks, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Foxworks
    Foxworks Member
    Does anyone know what the font is called in which the text buyers enter in the customaker enabled items?
    I'd like to be able to render a few items with examples of custom text that buyers can enter on them, and to get a result that closely matches how the final product will look when actually printed, I'd like to use the correct font, but I can't find information on what font is used. It could be that Shapeways uses a custom font face, in that case a closely matching font would also be helpful.

RomanSnap likes this.
  2. Bearshake
    Bearshake Member
    I’m in the same boat. I have a custom fill-in-the-blank product I would like to offer and being able to use the same font would be helpful for consistency.

3. Shea_Design
    Shea_Design Well-Known Member
    IIRC with custom maker is it, one gets a preview of the entered text before purchase. In terms of previz I think something like Arial Bold or Black should suffice. Heavy fonts help to pass model checks. Hope a Dev answers your ? -S

4. Greaseball
    Greaseball Well-Known Member
    Custom maker also slopes the vertical walls slightly to help with rule checking, although I’m not sure at what angles, when, and why. Hopefully someone from SW can give us those types of details so we can generate custom maker compliant fonts using other software.