When Will We Get A Shopify App? Predictions Please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Narada_Dan_Vantari, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Narada_Dan_Vantari
    Narada_Dan_Vantari Well-Known Member
    Hi -
    I have been told some time ago, (and there have been other rumours)
    that a Shopify app is in the works.
    In fact, I believe the Spring and Wonder website is a demo of it in action !

So... it would be really valuable to know how much longer we are likely to wait before we get access to it.
    (Yes I ticked the beta testers box).

Pleeeeeeze tell us if it most likely will be soon, later this year, or not till next year ?

Do I plan for integration before Christmas ?
    Or do I give up on SW ever becoming a viable supplier for external sales ?

Ontogenie likes this.
  2. Narada_Dan_Vantari
    Okay I guess this is not as important to everyone as I thought it might be.
    I will send it as a question to support and see if they can give me any hints of a timeline.

3. reducedAircraftFactory
    reducedAircraftFactory Well-Known Member
    I doubt you'll see anything but a vague, nebulous answer from Shapeways personnel, because future projections can be used against your company in court if you fall behind the schedule. And the rest of us would just be pulling guesses from thin air.

4. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
  5. Narada_Dan_Vantari
    Whoo hooo ! Yippeee !
    That's so exciting hear! Just as I have my Shopify store ready to open the Shapeways integration app is happening !

I presume we can learn some things about the app functionality by looking at the Spring and Wonder store functionality.

@MitchelUetten - Can you confirm that the app will be free ? (As it is for other print on demand services such as Rageon and Printful).

6. MitchellJetten
  7. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    What exactly can be achieved with this app:
    - link between shopify shop and SW products
    - automatic order forward from shopify to SW
    - shipping via SW

is that picture correct?

If I'm thinking forward would it then be possible to create a chain to amazon (via shopify sales channel app) shopify and SW?
    (or are there any ideas to have an easy integration between Amazon and SW also)

Woody64

8. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    They have this mentioned on the SELL page linked from the main page. I believe you need to talk to their sales team to learn more re Amazon and other site potentials. Also it looks like they are going to charge a 5% fee for the Shopify API linkage. Not sure if that's based on production or sales cost. It strikes me that for every extra thing they do, such as custom packaging, etc. they're going to add another percentage charge to a sale. Might be a good idea for some existing shops. I assume that to learn anything significant you would need to submit a filled out form with all your info and talk to them using a double secret handshake.

https://business.shapeways.com/blueprint

Fulfillment by Shapeways

Connect here, sell faster.

Outsource your logistics with a simple connection to our platform. We’ll process the order, manufacture it and ship it directly to you or your customer.

For developers: Here are our newly relaunched development tools and guides.

For Shopify sellers: Receive exclusive access to the Shopify and Shapeways integration with the Holiday Business Bundle.

COMING SOON...

For custom sites or other platforms: We can do a custom build while we are in the process of building out our other plug and play tools. Talk to our sales team to learn more

9. SergiuCociuba
    SergiuCociuba Active Member
    Any update on this one? I have my shopify page ready to go live but i can't until we get this long awaited app.

10. MitchellJetten
  11. SergiuCociuba
    SergiuCociuba Active Member