When Exactly On Feb 4th Do The New Prices Go Into Effect?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by MadBikeSkills, Jan 30, 2019.

1. MadBikeSkills
    MadBikeSkills Well-Known Member
    Specifically, If I need to make adjustments and want everything to be complete when the new pricing goes into effect, when is the earliest I can download the CSV files to adjust final pricing? Will it be 12:01AM GMT or some other time? Will it roll out by time zones or all at once? Can we access the new pricing (other than the 'show me tool') before the 4th?

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    I would expect that it rolls out by sequential SPIN# across all shops .. old items will update first, and then new items will fall in place hours later. If previous such updates are any indicator, it's going to take a couple of days before everything gets updated. There are so many models across all shops that it's virtually for it to happen "instantly".

3. MadBikeSkills
    @stonysmith I will defer to your experience unless someone from Shapeways has a definitive answer. Thanks

4. MagCAD
    MagCAD Member
    And just to confirm, the changes will maintain current mark-up?

We wont see the price increase wipe out mark-up and items selling at cost?

5. stonysmith
  6. MadBikeSkills
    The tool appears to work as described and since I do not sell any items currently in FUD, not experiencing any anomalies. It is just that I wanted to take this opportunity to bring all my pricing in line with the new cost structure and if there is a big hit, might as well make it all at once.

@MagCAD, the tool is associated with your store settings page and basically just generates a CSV that you import into Google Sheet or Microsoft Excel. It will list all your currently for sale items and the old cost, new cost, what the new selling price will be with your current markup.

7. stonysmith
    For what it's worth.. its 21:30 CST, and I have yet to see any of the price changes take effect yet.

8. MadBikeSkills
    @stonysmith Neither have I, I checked multiple times today.

9. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    From that avim feller in another thread.

10. MadBikeSkills
    Yeah I saw that after I posted, so right now I am assuming 9:30 EST about 30 minutes from now.

11. MadBikeSkills
    Just got an email saying pricing is in effect.

12. adbinc
    adbinc Well-Known Member
    Totally weird. The prices are showing up changed on the individual pages. However, on my shop pages for all items and for the categories, the old prices are still showing up under the pictures. Hope that changes soon or there will be upset customers who only see that when they look at an item, the price suddenly increases. :(

13. MadBikeSkills
    That is strange, mine are all in sync. The Storefront pages match the individual item pages.

14. adbinc
    adbinc Well-Known Member
    It looks like mine are slowly populating. I think they may be working from most recent (October 21) backwards. And I've got a bunch of items, so maybe it is going slowly. :) Thanks for letting me know it is indeed happening.

Jean

15. KkadwellMfg
    KkadwellMfg Member
    Does anyone know if the current (4/5/2019) pricing updates are also being applied to SFDP/FUD items, or is the pricing on those items still being delayed? The official response is somewhat vague on this issue. The SFDP/FUD prices in my shop are still unaffected, many hours into the day.

16. adbinc
    adbinc Well-Known Member
    FUD price increases are delayed until sometime mid-month-ish. :)

Jean