Wall too thin

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by 274937_deleted, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Hi,

I've designed a project with Gimp (2D) and I used the Create -> 2D to 3D but walls are too thin.
    I tried to designed my model with blender.
    But i'm a beginner and i'm not sure that my walls are in the good size..
    How can i make my models printable ?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  2. the min wall thickness needs to be at least7.62 mm(.3") according to the picture. You know that Blender can import a svg that you create from gimp as a curve,turn it into a filled and extruded mesh. If you want to use the co-creator, try scaling the bw image up, then try uploading. or if you want, post the bw image here. that model should take me just a few minutes.Add the base dimension measurements you want it printed at, material choice and height of the font.The stuff you input into the c0-creator

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Fred.. you're off by ten. That is .03" or 0.7mm for WSF

4. Gaah I need glasses. big difference between .03" and 3". either that or the beer was typing.:(.I am betting it was the beer.) and .3"
    *Hobbles back to his room at "The Home."*

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  5. Thank you for the answers.
    Here's the model i designed with Blender.

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Woodcarving, please attach the image you uploaded for the 2D 3D creator, and what material you'd like it printed in. That way people that can help you get it printed know exactly what to do.

7. Ok, I'm sorry I'm french I've some difficulties with English.
    I'll do it.

8. Here's the picture I used for the 2D 3D creator.
    I would like in stainless steel.

9. Here's a preview of the final model I want.

10. If you are going to use creator, try scaling the image by 3. Your Model had the dimensions of about 2mmx2mmx 6mm when I opened The import as a either a svg or a dxf it was way tiny, when path was converted to a curve.Still needs converted to a mesh before export also. But you cleaned up the vector import very well, I might add.

11. I fanally succes to make it printable by using Inkscape.
    Thank you for yor answers that help me