Wall thickness for character

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by Tjaart, May 21, 2013.

1. Tjaart
    Tjaart New Member
    Good afternoon guys,

I am trying to print this but I have no idea why I get thin walls problems. Some of the highlighted issues are thicker than the other parts which are thinner but have no problem.

It is getting very frustrated and I had to demolish such a lot of detail to get it to print I am approaching the point where I think this cannot be printed at the resolution and size.

This is a WIP and I am just randomly thickening parts in a crude way to get it past submission. Is there any program that can just do a thickness check before I submit as I have had 7 submissions and every time there are some parts that are okay and some not.

Notes:

This is a miniature that is used in role-playing games. It is +/- 28mm x 28mm big. I am trying to print it is ultra detail frost (as I assume this is the medium with the best detail)

swaardmini 4.jpg

STL attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  2. Pseurai
    Pseurai New Member
    The model had a lot of random polygons all over the place that were far too thin to print as a 28mm miniature.

I make a lot of mini's and re-sealed and sculpted your mini as I would normally.
    I had to merge everything into a single solid mesh, thicken and fill in some walls, then sculpt in the prominent details.

[​IMG]

I don't normally do free work, but this was pretty fun, so cheers! :p

Also, I didn't test to see if it would print, but it should.. Let me know if you have any problems.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2013