Wacom Tablets For Sculpting?

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by TerterB, Mar 11, 2017.

1. TerterB
    TerterB Member
    What Wacom tablet would everyone recommend for 3d sculpting? Or what non Wacom tablet?

2. That totally depends on your individual preferences and how much money you have to drop on a tablet. I use the $80 intuos draw small and it works well, but I would love to have something with a screen built in. If you are just starting I would suggest a cheaper one over an expensive one, they all work great and you can find out for yourself what features you would like most when you invest in a nicer tablet down the line.

Malwen and Andrewsimonthomas like this.
  3. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    Wacom makes a pretty big range and in general I've always been happy with them. I have a Bamboo, an intuos and a Cintiq. I have the most experience with the intuos but I just bought the Cintiq used from a friend but so far so good.

Other than Wacom I've only used the apple pencil and wasn't satisfied.

4. TerterB
    TerterB Member
    Would any Wacom Intuos work like the drawing or comic one, or do I need one for 3d sculpting? I try to figure out the difference between them,but I'm still unsure.

5. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
  6. ankang
    ankang Member
    I got a XP-Pen DECO 03 Graphics Tablet . XP-Pen has always made good products.They are very cheap and have had nothing but problems the last 6 months or so.
    The build quality is pretty good. Sensitivity is great in Zbrush and Photoshop. Plenty of room makes drawing sculpting lines much more precise.

A few problems with people not knowing how to install and use tablet correctly and not the tablet itself.
    First remove other tablet drivers first then install xp-pendrivers after you restart.you can download the Latest Tablet Driver from xp-pen official website .
    Plug in tablet. Computer will detect, you are good to go.
    Then mess with settings by selecting icon in the corner.
    I set the pressure sensitivity to one less than max for a good feel that is not so sensitive to activate.
    I had to allow Administrator permission to access edit keys and active area options.

6 programmable buttons and 1 Touch Ring on the side, good solid buttons.

The pen is nice with 8 extra nibbs in holder. the stylus no need to charge and battery-free .

The tablet has a .6" height detection, this is good plenty of space I can place a sheet of plastic or glass to protect the surface no problem. I don't like the rough surface, but I don't want to scratch it anyways.

You can resize the tablet and edit keys/buttons as well in the software options.
    Also has Left hand mode and I am left handed myself. So I got lucky with that ha I can flip the tablet and use the buttons.

https://www.storexppen.com/buy/56.html