Uploading CSV file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TishToshTesh, Nov 28, 2011.

1. TishToshTesh
    TishToshTesh New Member
    I've made the changes I want to in my shop's CSV file, but I'm having trouble submitting it. I go through the wizard, tell it which file to use, then click Upload... and it doesn't seem to do anything. I get no Preview, and no way to save the changes in the SW system.

Is this a bug or am I missing a step somewhere? I'd really like to get this submitted for the sale today.

2. christopherlowe
    christopherlowe New Member
    did you get it to work?

are you exporting out a CSV or did you save as something else?

also you don't have to have everything in the file that it came with. whatever lines you delete will not be updated so if the file is huge then i would delete the lines that you were not updating.

3. TishToshTesh
    TishToshTesh New Member
    I didn't try deleting the unchanged lines, maybe I'll try that. Other than that, yes, I saved it from Excel as a CSV file. (I still can't get formulas to behave in Open Office because of that extra apostrophe, so I used a friend's Excel.) It even apparently let me Upload the file, but it didn't do anything with it once uploaded. Odd.

I wound up just making changes via the Shapeways internal spreadsheet system. That was... slow and unwieldy, but at least it worked.

I do wish the CSV system would work. I have 12 pages of models and will have more soonish. *shrug*