Updating the Shapeways Computer Generated Image

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by tebee, May 1, 2012.

1. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Is there a way of forcing an update of the Shapeways Computer Generated Image for an item other than deleting it and adding it as a new item?

I uploaded a loco but ended up with the view being from the rear. I would much have preferred it to be front on . So I changed the orientation of my model and uploaded a new version.

Now the small thumbnail I see in edit model is the right way round but the main view has remained the original.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I think it takes a few minutes to refresh. Try again to see if it's still that way. If it is, post in the bugs and feedback section.

3. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    It's been like that since last night and I've now uploaded 4 new versions of this. If it's supposed to update within mins then I guess we have a bug or someone's forgotten to start a cron task.

Tom

4. Dragoman
    Dragoman Member
  5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Both are on the same ticket. I'll let you guys know when I hear something.

6. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    In general it always takes some time (1-2 minutes) to be visible in the overview.

I thought there was also a request for a new feature to generate an image from another viewing point.
    That ensures that the view angle to the model can be different to the optimal design or printing position.

Woody64

7. bartv
    bartv Member