Update In Pull Down Menu Isn't Working

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by MicroMaster, Jul 9, 2019.

1. MicroMaster
    MicroMaster Well-Known Member
    Hi there

Have just gone to update a model that was rejected and went to update the model and the Update link in the pulldown menu is not working. Have tried on 2 products and on two Browsers Firefox and Chrome. Any ideas?

Don't really want to have to create a new listing just for an updated model... will do that for now so my customer can re order but I suspect one of the Dev team has been tinkering! :)

2. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    That whole "Model" page has been FUBAR for several months now, as part of the "we no longer want you small-fry" campaign being waged by the New Management at Shapewas. Good luck getting it sorted! My pet peeve is that the access to 3D Tools is squashed into a two-line scroll section between the badly-arranged stats above and the selection-box of materials below. About the only working part of that page is the "buy it now" button...

3. MicroMaster
    MicroMaster Well-Known Member
    It's very weird, I list many items daily and all of a sudden, boom! it just doesn't work. I fell Shapeways need to update it's back-end to something slightly more modern instead of papering over the cracks.

4. Ghukek
    Ghukek Member
    I am also encountering the issue. This is most frustrating because I just updated my entire portfolio and I'm trying to get it live. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Thanks for sharing that you were also experiencing an issue.

5. adbinc
    adbinc Well-Known Member
    It looks like the only way to update a file now is to go to the model page where the materials are listed with prices (where you go if you click on the name of the model). That Tool menu does have Update on it.

Jean

6. Ghukek
    Ghukek Member
    Jean, I didn't realize there was another place for updating the models. I always went to that page to do it. The problem is that when you click that button, nothing happens. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Edit: By the way, a workaround is to upload the new model, navigate to the product edit page (where you edit the details for public sale) and select the freshly uploaded model in the drop-down menu for all of your materials. Then delete the old model from your model list. This is frustrating and a bit more tedious, but if you can't wait for them to fix the issue then this will work in the meantime.

7. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey guys,

It looks like this issue has been fixed by our dev team already!
    So you should be able to update your models again :)

Mitch

8. Ghukek
    Ghukek Member
    Very nice, thank you Mitch!