Tuxedo Ring- Fancify your finger

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by hamsterdam101, Oct 3, 2012.

1. hamsterdam101
    hamsterdam101 New Member
    I actually received these pieces a while ago and took pictures of them then, but before I could upload the images, I leant my camera to a friend and didn't see it for a while. :rolleyes:

No harm done, I got the camera back all right but these photos are a bit late.

tuxedo ring02smaller.JPG

I have previously ordered some prints done through Shapeways for university projects, but these were the first done just for fun.

I wanted a ring with a tuxedo sitting around the band of the ring.

tuxedoring small.JPG

I got one printed in stainless steel and another in stainless steel with bronze matte plating. The texture of both is a bit rough, and it did lose a bit of the detail in the tie but I actually really like it. However, in the future, I plan to get it printed in silver

tuxedoringssmall.JPG

I'm considering rounding the edges a bit to make it look more as though it is around the ring, rather than simply on the ring

What do you think? I would love some feedback.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Wow! I love it! Would look great in silver.

3. hamsterdam101
    hamsterdam101 New Member
    Cheers! Do you think the tie would be a bit more prominent in silver?

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Everything would be crisper in silver, So all your lines would be straighter. Because of the color, I don't know if the tie would be more visible, but check out the post production section for tips on how to patina models to make elements pop.

5. hamsterdam101
    hamsterdam101 New Member
    Thanks, will have a look into it