The Ittyblox thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ittyblox, Jun 28, 2014.

1. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Looks great! :D

2. Ittyblox
    Ittyblox Member
    just added my most detaild model yet: Wesminster hall in London:

[​IMG]

click here to see the model on Shapeways.

please tell me what you think! any C&C is welcome!

3. berky93
    berky93 Member
    I think that might be my favorite out of all of your models so far. It has a great aged look to it and superb details. Very nice work!

4. Ittyblox
    Ittyblox Member
    thank you, it's also the model that has cost me the most time to make.

5. Ittyblox
    Ittyblox Member
    Here is the start of a next set: the Guggenheim Museum set:

here is the museum itself:
    [​IMG]
    here is the link to the model

and here is the upcoming set next to all the existing sets. The Ittyblox city is starting to grow!
    [​IMG]

6. Ittyblox
    Ittyblox Member
    Hello everyone,

I have given my model of the London westminster hall a special winter treatment: I covered it in snow (salt) and added some LEDs inside. Please tell me what you think. I think it makes for a nice holiday decoration.

[​IMG]

you can see the model here:
    link

7. UniverseBecoming
    Love it! :D

8. Ittyblox
    Ittyblox Member
    thank you @UniverseBecoming maybe you also like the New York set with LEDs inside:
    [​IMG]

link to model

9. UniverseBecoming
    Love it! You're doing great! :D

10. thomasdroze
    thomasdroze Member
  11. Ittyblox
    Ittyblox Member
    Hello everyone,

I have made an instructable on how to light the buildings with LEDs. Please let me know what you think:

link to the instructable
    [​IMG]

12. DoctorOctoroc
    DoctorOctoroc Well-Known Member
    These are absolutely incredible! I love the miniature architecture pieces, I need to look into doing some textured color prints, I've only ever worked with strong & flexible and detail plastics. Do you use Google Earth as reference? I've used it in the past to build a large section of Philadelphia out of Lego pieces and it was very useful! I hope you don't mind if I share this here, I'll post it as a link so it doesn't ill up the thread with a picture that isn't one of yours!

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10 364083_595336687242634_5138546282361802965_n.jpg?oh=58cb8820 c994a0b892e4d98d9c25dc85&oe=555BF3D5

Keep up the great work, I'm excited to see some more! Love implementation of the LED's as well!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  13. Ittyblox
    Ittyblox Member
    Hello everyone,

Here is my most detailed model yet:
    [​IMG]
    link to model here

please let me know what you think! I can always improve :)

14. UniverseBecoming
    Nice work! :D

15. Love the models. I've ordered a couple to start me off and will be backing the Kickstarter.

One point - I *think* your model is of Central Hall Westminster, which is a different building from Westminster Hall.

16. Ittyblox
    Ittyblox Member
    Thanks Jul1an,

You are absolutely right. I corrected the error!

17. Ittyblox
    Ittyblox Member
    Hello everyone,

Another update from Ittyblox here. Just wanted to tell you all about the latest addition to the Ittyblox cities: Paris! It's still just a work in progress, but this way I hope to get feedback before it's a done deal. So this is where I currently stand: for Paris we want to add a new set of baseplates. One with a diagonal street, that runs through when a second one is rotated and placed next to it. This way I can make the typical Parisian cornered blocks. I have added two images to give you an idea.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I want to add many different typical Parisian buildings; houses, shopping centres and landmarks. Please let me know what you think, so I can improve this new Paris sets.

Please let me know!

Steve from Ittyblox

18. Could someone give me the thickness of the plates that the individual buildings are attached to? Thnx