The I Love You Rose™

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by 327012_deleted, May 8, 2013.

1. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Oh wow! That is wonderful!

2. 96635_deleted
    96635_deleted Member
    That's awesome!

3. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Very nice work. And it can be put away and re-gifted every anniversary :twisted:

4. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    Great idea that is perfectly converted into reality !

5. dtistudio
    dtistudio Member
    Amazing!!! I am sure you will sell tons of these. Very ingenious!

6. THANKS for your comments here (5 so far). I like learning that "insiders" to 3D printing like what we have done. It's a little more difficult to educate the "masses" beyond just that this is a pretty rose with personalization on it.

7. Well, in order to sell a ton of these, I've have to have Shapeways make 2 tons. We have about a 50% reject rate due to Shapeway's orientation of the model - horizontal, reject: sideways, PERFECT. Shapeways says they cannot specify the orientation to the production planner, so it's basically a coin toss for the orientation. See this forum: https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=13613& amp; amp; amp;start=0& for more discussion of the issue. At this moment I've taken the product off our website.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  8. dtistudio
    dtistudio Member
    Sorry to hear about this!! I hope something can be done to resolve this for you because it is an amazing product.

I have something similar in mind but I don't plan on adding any text so I should be OK.

Keep us posted.

9. I LOVE your grand piano speaker - we have 6 of our grandkids taking piano lessons - none have an iPad though.
    I have no issue whatsoever with a similar flower/rose - at this moment in time the 3D market is in it's infancy and the more the general customer becomes aware of it, the better it will be for all of us.

10. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    I could be wrong, but I suspect that Origami13's orientation problems are not to do with the text but stepping on the petals.

11. Yes - the stepping area includes where the text is, thus "smudging" the text. If we were just creating a pretty rose, no text, I could probably live with the stepping. The units created sideways have perfect text, even the ones with maximum text thus smaller font.

Last edited: May 23, 2013